What do you do for a whole week?
Well, for starters: You get to study with some amazing teachers.
The schedule is designed so that you take a morning workshop & an afternoon workshop. Each daily class is 2 hours long. You can elect to take a week long course & study the same subject with the same teacher every day for 10 hours (2 hours per day), OR you can elect to take "single session" classes and take a variety of different classes with different teachers (each class being 2 hours long).
Choices, Choices: Take a week long workshop for both morning & afternoon; or take a week long workshop for one time frame & single sessions for the other; or take all 10 single sessions.
Lots of variety, lots of fun. The only hard part is deciding WHAT to take!!
Check out our presenter information and the descriptions of our workshops and single sessions to help you decide what would be a great way to spend your time!
"So what else is there to do at the week long retreat, besides going to workshops with like minded people and wonderful teachers?"
- The FOOD is fantastic & the newly renovated cafeteria is fabulous. You are provided with 3 meals a day in the cafeteria, plus evening snacks in the Zodiac Zone. You will not go hungry! If you have special dietary needs, the college is very accommodating. Please email any concerns to Ann at email@example.com.
- At 7:30 AM, every morning before the 8:15 AM breakfast, if you choose, you can attend GUIDED MEDITATION with Cindy Berry Addis. (Sometimes we also have yoga, tai chi, or exercise sessions; it depends on who could volunteer to lead these sessions. Contact Bev Boerman -support@TheGreatLakesRetreat.org - if you would be willing to lead yoga, etc).
- After breakfast is MORNING PROGRAM from 9:00 to 10:00 AM. This involves some singing, announcements, raffle, and a LECTURE from one of our presenters.
- From 10:15 to 12:15 PM is your MORNING WORKSHOP
- MORE FOOD... LUNCH from 12:30 to 1:00 PM.
- From 1:15 to 3:00 PM is "FREE TIME". There are many things to do during free time.
- From 3:15 to 5:15 PM is your AFTERNOON WORKSHOP.
- MORE FOOD...DINNER from 5:30 to 6:00 PM.
- From 6:30 to 6:45 PM is some singing, annoucements, and raffle.
- From 7:00 to 9:30 PM is "FREE TIME" on Monday and Tuesday Evening ONLY. There are many things to do during free time.
- At 7:30 PM each night starts the SPECIAL EVENTS EVENING PROGRAM.
- Sunday : Drumming Circle- hopefully outside in the park, weather permitting; and 2 Message Circles
- Monday: Variety Show - start thinking now what you can perform for us!
- Tuesday: Silent Auction - an offering of fun and unique items to bid on; and 2 Message Circles
- Wednesday: Healing Service - you won't want to miss that
- Thursday: Psychic Sampler- get mini readings from talented counselors
- Every night from 9:00 to 11:00 PM is ZODIAC ZONE TIME, which is a hospitality suite with, yes, MORE FOOD, and time to visit with friends. There will be great pop corn, sometimes there is music (and sometimes karaoke), you can color mandalas, you can sign your name & draw & create something on the "Commemorative Sheet".
Then we go to bed, get up in the morning & start all over again!!